Computer Hardware Repair Tools Names | Meaning & Picture |


Computer Hardware Repair Tools Names

Computer Hardware Repair Tools

Most tools used in the computer assembly process are small hand tools. They are available individually or as part of a computer repair toolkit. They range widely in size, quality, and price. Some common hand tools and their uses are Flat-head screwdrivers: Used to tighten or loosen slotted screws.


Dust Blower

Dust blower / dʌst ˈbloʊər / n [a tool that propels air out of a nozzle to blow out dust from a computer or other equipment] (ডাস্ট ব্লৌএর):


Hot-air gun

Hot-air Gun

Hot-air gun / hɑːt-ˈer gʌn / n [an electrical tool which blows out hot air and is used to soften paint on surfaces so that it can be removed more easily] (গরম বন্দুক):


Soldering iron

Soldering Iron

Soldering iron / ˈsoʊldərɪŋ aɪərn / n [a tool that is heated and used for joining metals and wires by soldering them] (ছোল্ডারিং আয়র্ন; ঝালাই দন্ড):

Ø Solder / ˈsoʊldər / n [a soft metal that is melted in order to join together pieces of metal so that they stick together when it cools and becomes hard again] (ঝালাই করার রাং):

<VERB> Solder / ˈsoʊldər / v [to join pieces of metal or wire with solder] (ঝালাই করা): Solder the two iron pieces together.


Soldering iron stand

Soldering Iron Stand

Soldering iron stand / ˈsɑːdərɪ aɪrn stænd / n [used to keep the hot soldering iron away from the work area, it made out of metal and comes with a cleaning sponge to clean the soldering irons tip, and removes excess solder] ():


Soldering wire

Soldering Wire

Soldering wire / ˈsoʊldərɪŋ ˈwaɪər / n [an alloy for joining two metal surfaces by melting the alloy so that it forms a thin layer between the surfaces] (ঝালাই করার তার):


Desoldering pump

Desoldering pump

Desoldering pump / dɪˈsoʊldərɪŋ pʌmp / n [colloquially known as a solder sucker is a manually operated device which is used to remove solder from a printed circuit board] (ডিˈছৌলডারিং পাম্প্‌):


Jumper wire

Jumper Wire

Jumper wire / ˈdʒʌmpər ˈwaɪər / n {Also 1. jumper; jumper cable} [an electrical wire, or group of them in a cable, with a connector or pin at each end, which is used to interconnect with other equipment or components, without soldering] (জাম্পার তার):

2. Jumper / ˈdʒʌmpər / n {US sweater} [a piece of clothing made of wool or cotton for the upper part of the body, with long sleeves and no button] (গোলগলা সুইটার): a red woolly jumper


Ribbon cable

Ribbon Cable

Ribbon cable / ˈrɪbən ˈkeɪbəl / n [a flat, thin cable composed of multiple small-grade cables placed parallel to each other, mostly used in electronic systems that require multiple data buses to link internal peripherals, such as disk drives to their respective drive controllers] ():


Wire stripper

Wire Stripper

Wire stripper / ˈwaɪər ˈstrɪpər / n [a hand tool used to remove insulation from the cut end of an insulated wire] (ওয়ার স্ট্রিপার):


Network cable pliers

Network Cable Pliers

Network cable pliers / ˈnetwɜːrk ˈkeɪbl ˈplaɪərz / n {Also crimping tool} [a device used to conjoin two pieces of metal by deforming one or both of them in a way that causes them to hold each other] (নেটওয়ার্ক কেবল প্লাইর্য):


Digital Multimeter

Digital multimeter / ˈdɪdʒɪtl mʌltimiːtər / n [a test tool used to measure two or more electrical values] (ডিজিটাল মাল্টিমিটার):


Analog multimeter

Analog Multimeter

Analog multimeter / ˈænəlɑːɡ mʌltimiːtər / n [a micrometer with a moving pointer to display readings, uses to electrical test instruments which are used to measure voltage, current, resistance, frequency, and signal power] ():


Compressed air

Compressed Air

Compressed air / kəmˈpres er / n [a combination of under pressure gases that are squeezed into a can, used to blow away dust and debris from computer components without touching the parts] ():


Crimping tool

Crimping Tool

Crimping tool / krɪmpɪŋ tuːl / n [a device used to conjoin two pieces of metal by deforming one or both of them in a way that causes them to hold each other] ():


Crimping Pliers

Crimping Pliers

Crimping pliers / krɪmpɪŋ ˈplaɪərz / n [a hand tool used for joining two pieces of metal or other ductile material (usually wire and a metal plate) by deforming one or both of them to hold the other] ():




Tweezers / ˈtwiːzərz / n {US tweezer} [a small tool that you use for tasks such as picking up small objects or pulling out hairs. Tweezers consist of two strips of metal or plastic joined together at one end] ():


Punch down tool

Punch Down Tool

Punch down tool / pʌntʃ daʊn tuːl / n {Also krone tool} [a hand tool used to connect telecommunications and network wires to a patch panel, punch down block, keystone module, or surface mount box] ():




Flashlight / ˈflæʃlaɪt / n [a small electric light which gets its power from batteries and, that is used to light up areas that you cannot see well] ():


Needle-nose pliers

Needle-nose Pliers

Needle-nose pliers / ˈniːdəl-noʊz ˈplaɪərz / n [small pliers with long slender jaws used for grasping small or thin objects, or for fine work] ():


Wire cutters

Wire Cutters

Wire cutters / waɪr ˈkʌtərz / n {Also cable cutters; Diagonal pliers} [a tool that is designed for cutting wire with their jaws] ():


Flat-head screwdriver

Flat-head Screwdriver

Flat-head screwdriver / flæt-hed ˈskruːˌdraɪvər / n [a screwdriver with a wedge-shaped flat tip, used to tighten or loosen screws that have a straight, linear notch in their heads] ():


Nut driver

Nut Driver

Nut driver / nʌt ˈdraɪvər / n [a tool for tightening nuts and bolts. It essentially consists of a socket attached to a shaft and cylindrical handle and is similar in appearance and use to a screwdriver. They generally have a hollow shaft to accommodate a shank onto which a nut is threaded] ():


Phillips-head screwdriver

Phillips-head Screwdriver

Phillips-head screwdriver / ˈfɪlɪps-hed ˈskruːˌdraɪvər / n {Also cross-head screwdriver} [a screwdriver that is designed to be used with a type of screw (called a Phillips-head screw) that has a slot in its top that looks like a cross] ():


Torx screwdriver

Torx Screwdriver

Torx screwdriver / tɔːrks ˈskruːˌdraɪvər / n [developed in 1967 by Camcar Textron, is the trademark for a type of screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern, used to tighten or loosen screws that have a star-like depression on the top, a feature  that is mainly found on laptops] ():


Hex driver

Hex Driver

Hex driver / heks ˈdraɪvər / n {Also hex key or allen key} [a small handheld tool of hexagonal cross-section used to drive bolts and screws that have a hexagonal socket in the head] ():


Anti-static wrist strap

Anti-static Wrist Strap

Anti-static wrist strap / ˌænti-ˈstætɪk rɪst stræp / n {Also ground bracelet} [a key piece of safety gear that helps to prevent the buildup of static electricity near sensitive electronics or other projects where the static charge could damage electronics or cause safety issues] ():


Anti-static mat

Anti-static Mat

Anti-static mat / ˌænti-ˈstætɪk mæt / n {Also grounding mat} [a floor or table mat that reduces the risk of electrostatic discharge while working with electrostatic sensitive equipment] ():


Cable ties

Cable Ties

Cable ties / ˈkeɪbəl taɪz / n [a plastic,  nylon, rubber, or Velcro strip with serrations on one end that lock inside an opening on the other end, used to bind all kinds of cables, like those used with a computer] (): Wrap all of the cords behind your computer with a cable tie.


Parts organizer

Parts Organizer

Parts organizer / pɑːrts ˈɔːɡənaɪzər / n [organizes various computer parts according to size and quantities of the computer parts, such as  screws, jumpers, fasteners, and other small parts and prevents them from getting mixed together] ():


Heat-shrink tubing

Heat-shrink Tubing

Heat-shrink tubing / hiːt-ʃrɪŋk ˈtuːbɪŋ / n {Also heat shrink or heatshrink} [a shrinkable plastic tube used to insulate wires, providing abrasion resistance and environmental protection for stranded and solid wire conductors, connections, joints, and terminals in electrical work] ():


Microfiber cloth

Microfiber Cloth

Microfiber cloth / ˈmaɪkrəʊˌfaɪbər klɑːθ / n {Also soft cloth} [used to clean different computer hardware components without scratching or leaving debris] ():


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *